Here is where we share with you some of the great pet recipes we come across from time to time... sometimes submitted by our clients.
If you have a great recipe please send it along to us via email.
Diabetic Dog Treats:
½ cup of whole wheat flour
1 ½ lbs beef liver, cut into pieces
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
2. Place the liver into a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. If you have room, add the flour and eggs, and process until smooth. Otherwise, transfer to a bowl, and stir in the flour and eggs using a wooden spoon. Spread evenly in the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the center is firm. Cool, and cut into squares using a pizza cutter. The treats will have a consistency similar to a sponge. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Very Vanilla Dog Treats:
2 ¼ cups of whole wheat flour
½ cup of cornmeal
½ cup of rolled oats
1 tsp baking powder
½ cup water
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp low-sodium peanut butter
1. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Lightly grease 2 large baking sheets.
3. Mix the whole wheat flour, cornmeal, rolled oats, and baking powder together in a bowl.
4. Lightly mix the water, applesauce, and vanilla extract into the flour mixture.
5. Stir the eggs and peanut butter into the mixture.
6. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and knead until no longer sticky, about 1 minute.
7. Roll out the dough to 1/4-inch thickness; cut into 75 small squares and arrange onto baking sheets.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and allow the treats to sit in the oven as it cools another 30 minutes.
9. Remove the treats from the oven; allow the treats to cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Peanut Butter and Pumpkin Treats:
2 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
½ cup canned pumpkin
2 tbsp peanut butter
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Whisk together the flour, eggs, pumpkin, peanut butter, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Add water as needed to help make the dough workable, but the dough should be dry and stiff. Roll the dough into a 1/2-inch-thick roll. Cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Bake in preheated oven until hard, about 40 minutes.
Bacon-flavoured Dog Biscuits:
1 cup milk
½ cup water
1 tsp salt
10 tbsp bacon fat, melted
5 cups of whole wheat flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
2. Beat eggs in a large bowl. Stir in milk, water, salt, and bacon fat until well blended. Gradually stir in flour to make a stiff dough. Pinch off pieces of the dough and roll into 2 inch balls. Place on prepared baking sheet.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on racks. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator.
1 (3) ounce can of wet cat food (good quality)
1 tsp catnip
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Place the cat food and catnip into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth and looks a little like frosting. Spoon pureed cat food into a resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag.
3. Squeeze 1/2 inch kisses onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake 15 minutes. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.